First off, Happy New Year all…I trust 2013 is doing not too badly? Great…
So I’m leafing through twitter, and I see d above topic and it sort of moves me…I decide, yea, I have a few things to say to my 20yr old self if by some science fiction thingy am teleported to the past just for a few minutes for the sole purpose of preventing some mistakes,(totally a figment of imagination of course).
Here we go *ahem*:
1. Do not neglect The Lord your God…only He can see you through life.
2. Do not fall for the guy from Ekiti u meet during ur nysc years…you deserve better
3. You will most likely meet a guy from the South-South(akwa ibom I think)…give him a chance…he means well.
4. If by chance you fail to do that do not date/sleep with the tall fair guy you meet afterwards…he doesn’t love you.
5. Focus a lot on prayer, and intake of The Word and fellowship with brethren.
6. Tell God you need to know Him, His ways…you need Him to Lead you.
7. Do meaningful stuff..(Get professional qualifications, have a lot of investments, invest in looking good)
8. If you can, relocate to where your elder sis is and stay there….where you think you are does not have the opportunities and exposure you require.
9. If by chance you meet the old friend in your school days who you thought you really liked(who also hails from Ekiti), and you want to date him, DON’T!!!!! Seriously, DON’T…
10. If you meet a guy who happens to be your Dad’s townsman…give him a chance too..he’s nice even if you don’t think so..
11. You know what, I think you should tell God you want to abstain till that special day…believe me..indulging is overated.
12. Doing whatever you want because you can does NOT guarantee happiness and satisfaction…do not be deceived…God’s Way is the BEST way.
13. You would most likely meet a tall, fair, HANDSOME, comfortable/wealthy guy from a part of your state(not necessarily ur dad’s side), and you will like him SO MUCH…tell him how you feel so he can politely turn you down…maybe dat will help u forget him and move on quickly.
14. Do not date/sleep with any guy you meet who works/worked with your elder sister…bad market(future joke)
15. Do not date/sleep with a guy you knew in ur uni days…not anyone he knows(trust me…bad move)
16. Do not put yourself in a position where you feel slighted and cheated and used by any male…u can actually avoid dat..so pls do….at all costs!!!!
17. Don’t borrow so much…and don’t spend too much either…oh btw, you’ll have a serious thing for smartphones…so buy worthwhile, durable, not-so-expensive ones.
18. Never neglect your friends(male and female).
19. You need to learn to say ‘NO’ a lot…don’t be scared, you won’t get beat up or killed…highest you’d get is a sulk and a few mad looks.
20. I know you hate fights, but don’t let people get away with doing stuff that leaves you grossly inconvenienced…emotionally and otherwise
21. People like getting away with a lot of stuff…let NO ONE escape…(Er…try do it nicely so u won’t be labelled a psycho)
22. In a nutshell, all av being saying is be bold.
23. Learn how to save…you will need that habit.
24. Animes rock #justsaying
25. Never forget, God’s Way is the best way.
So what would you say to your 20 year old self? Let it rip(lol)…
[Not bad for a first post of the year(lol)]